English Language and Composition Review Class for the Friday, MAY 9, 2014 Exam:
6 hours of intense, focused review for this year’s exam
Maximum 15 student enrollment per class – first come, first served
DATES & TIMES: Tuesday-Thursday, May 6-9, 2014
Required Text: Princeton Review’s Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam
The three sessions will use past AP Exams and other CollegeBoard material as well as Princeton Review’s Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam to cover the material most commonly tested by the CollegeBoard. Students will learn multiple-choice test-taking strategies, reading comprehension techniques, and how to approach the rhetorical, argumentative, and synthetic essay questions. The final session will include a question-and-answer hour in which students bring their own questions to class and an hour of guided study using additional review material to be distributed in class.
Participants will work through the strategies and practice material in the Princeton Review book as well as the following material from the CollegeBoard, including a full-length practice test.
- Multiple Choice Section Scoring Change
- AP English Language and Composition Exam Information
- Free AP English Language and Composition Practice Exam
- The AP English Language Exam: Developing an Argument
- Preparing for the 2007 Synthesis Question: Six Moves Toward Success
- Shaping Argument: Lessons from 2003 Exam Samples
- The Question of the Question
- AP English Language Exam Tips
Refer a friend and receive $25!